Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Salute to Paul Newman

I salute you, Paul Newman. I salute you for your acting talents, your handsome good-looks, and your philanthropic efforts. But mostly I salute you for your salsa perfection!

Newman's Own Black Bean & Corn Salsa. Mmmmmm. I love this salsa like I have never loved salsa before. Prior to stumbling upon this deliciousness in a jar, I merely tolerated salsa. I am not a big fan of tomatoes or cilantro, which presents a problem as those ingredients are key players in many traditional recipes. An innocent grocery store purchase in 2008 changed all of that, however! Now this product is a regular item on my grocery list.

I do enjoy it as a dip for tortilla chips, but it's uses don't stop there! I have put it on hamburgers...tasty. Inside a grilled cheese sandwich...livens it up. On scrambled eggs...watch out huevos rancheros! For enchiladas and quesadillas...yes. It is even satisfying on a simple piece of whole wheat toast (a healthier option than tortilla chips).

So I would eat it in my house...I would eat it with a mouse. I would eat it on a train...I would eat it in the rain. I would eat it here or there. I would eat it anywhere! I do so like black beans & corn, especially in salsa form :)

Thanks Paul Newman!


dshymas said...

That poetry at the end seems somehow familier.. ;^)

sdhymas said...

Laura, I am truly enjoying your blog!!! It's fun to see what you come up with each time. Always entertaining and interesting.
Thank you.

Hymas Life said...

Thanks to Paul Newman and you its a regular in our fridge too ;)