Friday, May 1, 2009

Mmmm...Coffee

It's all Paul's fault. I love coffee and I only have him to blame! Back when we were dating he introduced me to coffee with two heaping spoonfuls of sugar and generous amounts of cream. It started out as a social thing, drinking coffee on occasion when we were out - most memorably on our way home from skiing. Back then there wasn't a Starbucks on every corner so we would drink our coffee from very gourmet places...like Shari's. (Ha! It's amazing I grew to like coffee at all!)

Once we were married, I started making coffee for him in the mornings, and would have a cup myself every once in a while. Eventually it progressed from having an a.m. cup of joe every once in a while to having one everyday. Which brings me to the present...

Hi. My name is Laura and I am a coffeeholic. (Hi Laura) I am addicted to coffee. I crumble if they don't have my freshly roasted coffee from Costco. My patronage to Starbucks helps keep their company afloat in these troubling economic times. I will drink coffee morning, noon, or night. I will drink coffee out socially or alone in my home. Oh coffee, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change (coffee is part of my every day routine), the courage to change the things I can (banning cheep, bitter generic coffee) and the wisdom to know the difference (Shari's is no longer acceptable!!). Yep, I'm Laura and I'm a coffeeholic. (Thanks Laura)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Is this the coffeeholics anonymous group? I need to sign up...My name is Kari and I drink coffee...a lot.