Monday, May 11, 2009

In The Details

I am enjoying an unexpected sunny afternoon, thankful that the weathermen were wrong about the rain today. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but I have been out soaking up the sun, relishing the breeze, and feeling that each moment it remains dry is a gift!

I have been wandering around our property spending a little time looking at life through my lens :) (as my neighbor once kindly accused me of doing!) I set out looking at the big picture, but found myself sitting in the grass on the edge of our property examining some little flowers growing along the fence. I'm sure they are weeds by the world's standards, but I was captivated by them! So tiny, yet perfect. And the colors! Each miniature stem held three or more clustered flowers of light blue, pale yellow, or dark blue with bright red centers. (It is a shame we don't have large versions of these flowers to plant in our gardens and flower beds.) It made me think how God is a God of details. He created large marvels like the Grand Canyon, but He also took pleasure in adding beauty to the little pieces of creation; small and unexpected treasures to discover as we live day-to-day life.

Most days life is busy and it is a challenge just to fit in all the necessary activities. However, I hope that I am never so busy that I can't take a few moments, every now and then, to stop and discover a new, beautiful detail in life.


1 comment:

Kari said...

Your beautiful pictures reminded me of how God clothes the flowers in such magnificent glory as this and yet how He cares for us even more.
A perfectly timed reminder that He will provide for me. Thank you for sharing your lens :)