Saturday, June 18, 2011

Unlikely Inspiration

I can hardly believe our son was zipping down the new slip-n-slide yesterday (thanks to Grandma!), and we were all wearing shorts, eating BBQ. Because the view from my window today...looks like this:
That's June in the Northwest for you! I have a feeling today is going to be a reading, baking, getting-caught-up-on-laundry sort of day.

Anyhow, today's photo theme is shoes. I have been feeling like the last two days' photos were sub-par, and less creative than I wanted to be posting. I wasn't sure how I was going to change that today...and then inspiration came in an unlikely form.

My dog.

Who got out of the yard and ran down the street.

While my head filled with all sorts of unkind thoughts toward my pooch, I threw my messy, slept on hair in a bun, grabbed my boots and umbrella, and set out down our road to look for him. After two embarrassing encounters with neighbors, my daughter and I finally found him. He was promptly returned home with scolding and put in his kennel for a 'time out'! Naughty dog! I was sloshing around outside, making certain both of the gates were secured, when it occurred to me which shoes I should use for today's photo. The ones I was already wearing!

June 18th - Your Shoes


My daughter came out to see what I was doing. There I was, smiling and stomping around in puddles like a little kid. She looked at me like I was crazy, shook her head, and went back inside. But it WAS fun. And it relieved my grumpiness from chasing my trouble-maker dog down the street.

What a way to start the day :)

3 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

Oh I love these photos! Make me wish I could run out and splash in some puddles right now!

Kimberly June said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad the rain FINALLY stopped here and the heat has arrived though. Oh, and I totally have these boots. ;)

sarahsmile3 said...

Love the stomp! Man, I miss the rain.