Friday, June 3, 2011

Irony

I have one word for you. Irony.

Irony : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result

Because here in the Pacific Northwest - one of the grayest, cloudiest, wettest areas of the world - I awoke to a glorious blue sky day. Which I love. And I'm thankful for. And I wouldn't trade (since we don't get enough). Yet herewith in lies the irony...that on this divine, blue sky day...the photo assignment...is clouds.

C-L-O-U-D-S!!!!!!!

So I went outside to spend some time in the yard, replenishing my sadly low vitamin D levels, and watched the sky. Just waiting for a cloud to appear. After an hour in the backyard, this was the best I got:


Yeah. 
It's a pretty impressive cloud...no?!?

I told myself, "The day is young; no need to rush." But after a couple more hours, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Or rather my son's.


What? It's a cloud! Pay no attention to the boy holding it in place.


I know. Completely silly. I continued to wait and watch.

 Finally, the moist air collected, the sun reflected, and I was provided with some lovely designer cumulus clouds.



But not a picture I was in love with.

I decided it was time to think outside of the box; to find a different way to satisfy the 'cloud' assignment. So...without further ado...

June 3rd - Cloud







2 comments:

snapdragon said...

Love it- you rocked the assignment with the perfect cloud.

And wasn't today just amazing?

Kimberly June said...

LOL! You and I both made our own clouds. I love what you finally ended with though. No better place for inspiration.