Thursday, June 30, 2011

*Sigh*

Here it is...June 30th...last day of the month and last day of the photo challenge. When did that happen?!? (It's true what they say, you know; that the older you get, the faster life passes by.) I am so glad I stumbled across this challenge. Some of the themes forced me outside of my comfort zone...and some were just plain fun.

The closing photo is one of those that challenged me, because it requires me to be in front of the camera. True, I have put the timer to work and shown up in a few of my other shots over the past month, but today I figured it was time to be vulnerable and place myself front and center. It's so much easier being behind the lens, but what's the point of a challenge if you aren't willing to take risks and grow?!?

June 30th - Self Portrait


An extra shout-out to Kimberly for moderating and taking the time to collect/post photos every day!
And thanks to everyone who came along with me for the ride :)

5 comments:

Julianna Lawson said...

Captivating! :)

Kimberly June said...

You are adorable! I'm so glad you joined in. I've had a great time getting to know you and your lovely home and family through your photos.

Metaphorae said...

Laura, it was great following your June challenge. If you are interested, we are participating in yet another one for the month of July in Flickr. Be well and happy.

http://mythicalbuzzard.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-1-july-2011-in-photos-what-you-had.html

Valeria said...

You look so pretty. Reminds Alanis Morissette

Laura said...

You all are so nice...thank you!