Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunshine

Today is an amazingly sun-shiny day, and I think no one appreciates the sun more than we pacific northwesters! It is almost like a collective sigh of relief as everyone hurries to be outside. Even mowing the lawn and doing yard work are desirable jobs. It just feels so good to be out, drinking in the warmth of the sun and marveling at the blue sky...especially this time of year when the rainy, gray days seem like they are never going to end. A person can only take so many days of...


before a certain melancholy sets in. This was just earlier this week. I was forced to combat the day with baking therapy! (Nothing like a gooey chocolate chip cookie or rich cinnamon roll to lift one's spirits) But for today, and the next couple I'm told, we have blessed relief.
Emily is running around with a friend, gaining a couple more adorable freckles across her nose. Ben is teaching the neighbor girl to play kickball against our barn. And Miss Jenna? She is waiting patiently for Mom so she can go crawling and explore. I don't think I should keep her waiting any longer - do you? I want to be outside, too!

No comments: