Monday, April 27, 2009

Girls & Horses


Isn't just about every young girl drawn to horses? Most are fascinated by them and long for a chance to ride, to reach out and stroke their mane, to thrill at their speed and power. I know I felt that way when I was young.
Emily is just such a girl, and from time to time she has the opportunity to fulfill that desire at our neighbor's house. She was invited to play with their eldest daughter, Sarah, yesterday and as the weather was fine, the girls took the opportunity to ride. Emily's face was a combination of concentration and pure delight! She loved every moment.
The visit ended shortly after I snapped the above photo, but she came home glowing and immediately searched out her dad to tell him how she got to ride...even getting up to a canter. It was an ideal day for our nine year old girl!

2 comments:

Hymas Life said...

That's just awesome. I am sure it will warm Andi's heart when she sees this post and picture. Emily looks like a natural up there. Hum, wonder if the Squirlimore's will ever get a horse.... ;)

Kari said...

I see Royal Ridges in her future...