Saturday, April 18, 2009

Night In

Paul has had a crazy busy work schedule this week and I have seen very little of him. He has worked some overtime shifts, which our bank account thanks him for, but makes me start going through Paul withdrawls! (You know how people are always talking about 'love languages'? I think mine must be quality time, because I never tire of being with my husband. I could be with him 24/7 and be happy.)



So there I was... pathetic, lonely, and bored enough that I was wondering around the house looking for things to wash! This never happens. I ALWAYS have things to wash. I have three kids. I live in a rural area. There is laundry happening at my house everyday. Proof positive of the sad state I was in!



Then, like a knight in shining armour, Paul comes home at 7:30pm with starbucks in hand, junior mints (one of my favorite candies), and a movie to boot. An independent, girlie movie. What a lovely surprise! We got the kids off to bed and enjoyed a much needed evening in together. Paul even stayed awake for the whole movie! It was balm for my lonely soul!

1 comment:

Hymas Life said...

Very sweet! Sounds like a perfect evening!! You guys deserve it with all the work you've been doing.