Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How To Bring In Summer Vacation

Paul and I were busily ensconced in the new house sealing tile and installing kitchen appliances, on this first official day of summer vacation. Jenna was chilling in the house with us, as she always chooses to do, and Emma and Ben were outside playing. I peeked out the window to check on them and was greeted with a very unexpected view...

Apparently the only way to begin one's summer vacation is with a soothing, backyard, spa-style mud bath! Either that or it's a simple case of math: kids+water+readily available pile of dirt+leisure time=HUGE (fun) MESS!!!

I chuckled and pointed them out to Paul, then went to grab my camera. I couldn't miss this photo opp! I smiled and shook my head as they gleefully covered themselves from head to toe. I didn't have the heart to be upset. I did have the heart, however, to make them wash off outside under the hose!

2 comments:

dshymas said...

I think I might know how they got the idea... Sounds almost like a "Mud Puddle Walk" to me. Didn't all you kids do a MPW a few times?

Pops

Unknown said...

HA HA HA HA....LOL!! Oh Laura, what a crack up! Good clean fun, well kind of! :>) Love it.