Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Heart Fall

My favorite of all seasons is here! Don't get me wrong...each of the seasons have their own charm and enjoyable elements. Ah, but fall. Fall is grand. I cannot help but be partial to it. To borrow a line from Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."

*Amazing colors. The colors of fall are unlike anything else. Fiery red, golden yellow, glowing orange, warm brown...mixed in with the fading shades of green. Breathtaking!

*Brisk air that adds a blush to one's cheek and beckons us outdoors.

*Foggy mornings. Looking out my window to see everything enveloped in a lovely, soft gray. The landscape is changed...more mysterious and inviting.

*Snuggly sweaters, a good pair of jeans, and warm socks. That pretty much defines the perfect outfit for me!

*Steamy, warm beverages. Coffee, cider, chai tea, hot cocoa. The heat that radiates through the mug to warm hands. So comforting. Speaking of comforting...

*Homemade chili and soup. Oh - with fresh from the oven bread. Seriously. Does it get better than that? It makes the house smell delicious and it is so satisfying to be snug and warm in your house eating a great bowl of soup when it is stormy outside.

*Apple season. Apples are my favorite fruit. I am spoiled living in Washington state for this reason. The Honey Crisp and Fuji are amazing! Plus, who doesn't love a good apple pie or crisp?

I could go on with my list, but those rank at the top. So, I am going to snuggle in my sweater, grab my mug of coffee, and go watch the wind whip through the trees. If the rain holds off, maybe I'll throw on a scarf and take a walk; somewhere where the leaves have began to fall and I can listen to the music of them crunching under my feet.

I love fall.

No comments: