Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Feature I Love

We've been in our new house long enough to learn how it functions. The noises it makes and the little idiosyncrasies involved in living here. There are only a few things I would do differently - one of which is better sound proofing between Emma's room and our bathroom (she says our shower sometimes wakes her up in the morning). But overall...we are pretty happy with the way the house turned out.

There is one feature that I am particularly happy with. I might even go so far as to say I love it. Curious? No, it's not the dishwasher, although that is quite a luxury. No, it's not the space heater in the bathroom, even though I sit contentedly in front of it almost every evening as I brush my teeth. The feature I'm speaking of? The toe-kick vent in my kitchen! It is glorious. During the hot summer months, when the last thing a person wants to do is work in the sink with warm water, it blows out cool and refreshing over your feet. Better yet, in the fall and winter, when there is a chill in the air, it turns that area of wood floor toasty warm. You stand in front of it and the heat envelopes your poor cold toes and you feel like you could camp out right there - standing in front of the sink - for hours!

When we put it in, it was with a mindset of convenience and space saving. But now I know better. All I can say is, it's sumptuous, and every house should have one! (at least)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dad says... "that's cool". I agree......simple pleasures like this are the best!!!

Hymas Life said...

Ohhhh... that makes me excited to use ours!! We haven't had the heat on much yet, so haven't really experienced it. Thanks for sharing!!! :)