Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorite Things - Fall Edition

I read that Oprah is airing her much talked about "favorite things" episode, which inspired me to put together a list of my own favorite things...specifically relating to this time of year. So here it goes:

* My husband and my kids. But wait. They are favorites year round!

* My new camera lens. What's up Canon 50mm/1.4! You are dreamy.


* Eggnog chai and white chocolate peppermint mocha. Can you say candy cane in a cup? Yum!


* Speaking of white chocolate and peppermint...candy cane hershey kisses...divine!
* Lucerne's special edition pumpkin spice cream cheese. So good on a toasted cinnamon swirl bagel or even spread on a graham cracker as a simple snack. It's a fall staple!

* Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its. Once I start, I can't stop. I try to pass by in the grocery store because I know it's a problem for me. But they were on sale this week. For a buck eight-eight. How could I resist?

*Honey Crisp apples and Cuties oranges. Best. Seasonal. Fruit.

*Comfy, cozy sweaters. My friends and family will testify. I am a sweater and jeans girl.

*Knit beanie hats. Warm, functional, and a go to fix for bad hair days :) Isn't this one by Max & Melody cute?!?


* Scarves. If it's knit or fleece, it's for me. The eight (or so) in my closet probably gives that away. But don't worry. A scarf is easy to store, so there's always room for more!

* Laying in front of a toasty fire. Our new house has a gas fire place, and many evenings I have found myself stretched out on the floor in front of it, soaking up the heat. It's one of the perks in our new place.

* A cute pair of boots. I wanted boots forever, and I finally got a slouchy, brown pair last year for my birthday. It was a good choice. Now I think I need some black ones...don't you? Oh, and a pair of rain boots with a fun pattern. I do live in the Pacific Northwest afterall!

*Being creative AND being productive...

 Which means I need to stop compiling this list and remove myself from the computer! I could go on for a while, but this is a great start. I am a blessed, privileged woman to have so many wonderful things to enjoy.

No comments: