Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall Already?

I am feeling a little robbed. I'll admit it. Summer took a long time to arrive this year! And all during those dreary, drizzling days of June I consoled myself with visions of an indian summer...early fall days, still running around in shorts and t-shirt. Sqeezing in some extra days down at the river or enjoying barbeques with friends and family. Yet in the last two weeks, we have really only had two truly warm days. All the rest have seen us wearing jeans and the occasional sweatshirt. Most years I relish getting out my cozy sweaters, watching the leaves change, and feeling the nip in the air. But right now it all seems premature. I'm still looking for sunny, blue sky days and the smell of sunscreen on my kids!

The extended forecast? Not any better. Sixties. Some days with a chance of rain. Whether I'm ready or not, seems like autumn may be here to stay.

2 comments:

Julianna Lawson said...

I know! I'm still hoping for just one more camping trip in September. It's usually such a beautiful month!

Suzanne said...

Maybe you should move to New England. An absolutely perfect 80 degrees today. Also, I miss you.