Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hello Summer???


The highly anticipated day has arrived once again this year...the last day of school before summer vacation!

The weather is defying us at every opportunity, continuing the grey, drizzling, 60-something pattern even though it's the middle of June. Regardless, it cannot dampen the spirits of my children. The summer lays stretching before them, unfettered by school books and homework. Their imaginations dance with the possibility of sleep-overs, staying up late, water play, cook outs, and trips to the park. And I am reminded that this is the ONLY summer I will ever have with my children at 11, 7 (almost 8!) and 6. So I whisper a prayer that we will make many wonderful memories and be filled up by fun, restful days by the time September rolls around again. I know it will pass in the blink of an eye!

1 comment:

Nate and Robyn Copper said...

This is sooo fun to find your blog Laura. What a great job, you really do so well.