Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Packing Lists

We have been preparing for a short trip out of town...

I made a list of random odds and ends that I hoped I wouldn't forget; things like my camera/phone chargers, audio stories for the kids to listen to in the car, food items, etc. I faithfully wrote my list, but I know the truth. Good intentions aside, I KNOW - without fail - that I will leave something behind when departure day finally arrives. I always do. Packing list or not :)

Emily made a list. More than half of her list consisted of individual pieces of clothing; specifying color, brand, or both. The other essentials on her list? Books...ipod...a snuggly blanket...and all "necessary" items to complete homework.  Hmmm. Think there's a pre-teen in our midst?!?

Finally, Ben made a list. He poured himself into his work, until his adorably large and wobbly first grade handwriting filled the front and back of his piece of paper. What were the important items he doesn't want to leave home without? His nintendo ds, games for the system with each title painstakingly copied word for word, various titles of dvds, candy, and "multi-grain jumbo rice krispies". Oh, son. We certainly wouldn't want to forget those!

1 comment:

dshymas said...

and don't forget pop tarts