Thursday, January 28, 2010

One On One

Every now and then, Paul or I will take one of the kids out for some one on one time. I have to confess that sometimes it feels difficult to set that time aside, but I never regret it once we're out! It's an opportunity to freeze our lives for a couple hours and reconnect with the kids as individuals; to soak up their unique personalities, remove all other distractions, and do something out of the ordinary together. It's good for the parent and good for the child. And when we come back, I wonder why I don't do it more often!

I had some one on one time with Ben this week. We spent the whole morning (from about 9 until 1) just the two of us. But as we settled back into the regular routine of the afternoon, our time together fresh in my heart, I couldn't let the day pass without freezing the day in pictures, too. It didn't matter that we were already back home, the fun activities past. Because I knew my mind would associate whatever photos I took with the day we had together. Just me and my little man :)

No comments: