Thursday, December 31, 2009

Begin Again

December 31, 2009. Not only the last day of the year, but the last day of a decade, too. Alot has happened in this big world as well as in my little life. It's been a busy 10 years! There's so much to reflect upon...

Ok, snapping out of my reverie :)

God has been faithful through it all. That was true in the past, but better yet, it will remain true in 2010. I am so thankful for that! You see, I am not always faithful to myself. Case and point: over this last year I have done myself the disservice of becoming complacent. Somewhere along the line I let not only my sense of personal discipline, but also the act of purposeful living slowly trickle away. I somehow became more of a spectator in my own life, rather than a leading lady. I didn't recognize it as it was happening; so slow and discrete was the process. Yet I see it now, and I am grateful  to seize the opportunity of a new year, a new decade to reinvent myself. (With however much time God gives me.) I'm not much of one to cling to new year's resolutions, but I do like the idea - so charmingly expressed in Anne of Green Gables - that tomorrow is fresh, with no mistakes in it.

It's a gift...and I'll accept it. Tomorrow, the first day of 2010, I will give thanks to my faithful God and begin again.

No comments: