Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Limeade

Growing up, I never gave much though to limes. Lemons were good. I enjoyed lemon in my water or as a flavor of birthday cake . But limes? Well...they weren't even on my radar.

Oh how I missed out! Limes are an amazing ingredient in cooking, make a fantastic garnish, and are key to some very tasty beverages. My new favorite this summer is sparkling limeade. So refreshing and delicious!

So when I stumbled across a recipe for homemade lemonade (on a photography blog I follow from The Youngrens) I happily made plans for my own limey variation :)



Sparkling Limeade:
1 C. sugar
1 C. water
1 C. fresh squeezed lime juice (approx. six limes)
4-5 C. Seltzer
Combine sugar and water in small sauce pan and heat gently until sugar is dissolved. Then combine with all remaining ingredients in a pitcher, stir, and serve over ice. (You may want to tweak amounts slightly to come up with your desired flavor of tartness/sweetness.)

Hope you enjoy this summery treat as much as I do!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmmmmm......... Boy does this look good and refreshing!