Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Phenomenom to Nemesis!

Let me preface this post by saying I have always been the type of person to look at the clouds and see images within them. Give me a fluffy white cumulus cloud and I may see a dog, a diving dolphin, or a speeding car. That being said...


Last week I discovered what I jokingly called my own personal phenomenon. Remember all the hullabaloo about the grilled cheese that looked like the Virgin Mary?? Mine was something like that, only less spiritual and not food related. Curious? I will share it with you :)


I call him Sid, my mysterious watermark squirrel. Do you see it? The fluffy tail is on the right, he has two hind legs, one front leg showing, and his head in profile is on the left. (Paul can't see him, which is impossible for me to believe!) I saw it one day when I was washing my hands, and I recognized his form immediately. I couldn't bring myself to wash him off, so I left him for a couple of days...just hanging out on my sink faucet...my own personal phenomenon.

I finally decided it was time to wash away Sid. I rubbed some water over the top of the faucet and tried to clean him away, but low and behold, he reappeared. I got my cleaning cloth and scrubbed the chrome surface, which only served to lightened the mark. Now that I want to, I cannot get rid of Sid. He has gone from silly phenomenon to Nemesis! Perhaps he is there to give me a message? Something like, "You are nuts!"

Ha! There might be a sliver of truth to that!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I see a hippo! But where you see a tail, I see a snoot. Do you see what I mean? Yes, his back legs are in the air a bit and he appears to be sniffing something out. But I definitely see a hippo. Too funny.

But if you really want to rid your self of Sid. Try vinegar maybe? Or baking soda? (Just not together!)